Private physiotherapy available here!
The surgery is proud to be able to offer private physiotherapy for;
1. Chronic pain treatment of one-sided pain, including Mirror Therapy for:
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Phantom Pain, Persisting Pain after surgery, After Shingles Pain and other pain conditions, sensory deficits or loss (one sided).
2. Neuro Physiotherapy for:
Hemineglect in stroke (lacking awareness of one side), function in stroke and other neurological conditions.
What is being offered?
1. For pain conditions: physiotherapy treatment which may include mirror therapy using a mirror between your limbs. You look at your good side and at the reflection of your good side, so performing a visual trick to show your brain that the painful or missing limb is fine. This visual image often relieves pain and also improves function in stroke. Manual techniques are used here needed.
2. For neurological conditions: hands-on neuro physiotherapy which may include working with the patient at the relevant setting, for example changing from chair to chair, getting into the car, managing stairs, walking along the corridor or getting up from the floor.
What is involved?
The basic treatment course at Woodview Medical Centre includes;
1. For mirror therapy: three sessions during which you will learn how to use a mirror to tackle your pain or improve function based on an individual treatment plan. You will be expected to practise at home and feed back to me after at 6 weeks and 6 months. You may book more sessions if needed.
2. For neurological treatment: we recommend a course of five sessions in order to work on the problems.
To book an appointment please contact:
Annegret Hagenberg (MSc, MCSP, IASP)
Tel: 07912 501 034
Physiotherapist, Manual Therapy, Bobath, Mirror Therapy, Research Fellow at University of Leicester