WHY does a RECEPTIONIST NEED to know whats wrong with ME??
It is not a case of the receptionists being nosey!
- The reception staff are members of the practice team and it has been agreed that they SHOULD ask patients “why they need to be seen”. Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive:
- The most appropriate medical care
- From the most appropriate health professional
- At the most appropriate time
Receptionists are asked by the Senior Partners to collect brief information from patients
- To help doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the Advanced Nurse Practitioner or other health professional rather than a doctor where appropriate
Reception staff like all members of the team; are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given by you is treated STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL
- The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with this accordingly
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in private away from the reception
- If you feel an issue is extremely private and do not wish to say what this is then this will of course be respected
Thank you for your support.